Is freelance a good career option
According to the experts, a freelance job by definition is one where a worker works for themselves, rather than permanently working for a company or associated with any single organization. While freelance jobs online can be on a contractual basis working for organizations, ultimately freelance work online is considered to be self-employed.
Freelancing is a very good and uprising career option and, in some cases, even better than a full-time job because it promises unnegotiable freedom of time and leverages you to devote and manage your own time and income.
But like every other thing, freelance jobs online from home also have two faces to them. But we will look at the amazing advantages that freelancing offers to individuals that overcome the very mere disadvantages of becoming a freelancer. We have put together some essential facts for you to come up with a rational decision on whether or not freelancing is a good career path.
Advantages of freelancing as a career path
- Freedom of multiple things- With Freedom comes to the liberty of choices and freedom in every aspect.
- Being a freelancer, you don’t have to stick to working for a person or a single company for a long time. You can simultaneously work for different people and companies and grow along with them.
- Being a freelancer, you get the ability and freedom to choose what kind of work you want to do and the liberty to choose your clients rationally.
- Being a freelancer, you can completely control your working schedules. You can select the time around which you feel comfortable and whatever suits your daily routine, your likes, and interest.
- Being a freelancer, you don’t have to be involved in the unnecessary office politics, gossip, and tactics that lead to biased decisions. Such freedom is not enjoyed by the permanent employees as they have to be a part of such office politics now and then.
2. Flexibility at its best- One of the major benefits of freelance jobs online from home, is that you get to mold and plan your day according to your lifestyle. you get to choose and make a decision about your working schedule.
- For Freelance jobs online, you never have to go to your office location or travel here and there for work. Because of that, your travel expenses are also reduced,
- Being a freelancer, you can work from wherever you feel like and from any part of the world. The best part of freelance jobs online is that you don’t have to wake up early to make time for the office and spend a significant part of your earnings on the commute. Freelance jobs online from home free you from being a part of a rat race.
- For freelance jobs online you just need to own a laptop that has to be connected to a seamless internet connection.
- It is needless to say that when you are picking your working schedules then the location of work is completely up to you. So, if today you feel like working from a cafe sipping your favorite coffee, then you have all the liberty to do so.
- Being a family person, Freelance jobs online from home allows you to stay with your family as long as you want. Now you will not be answerable to anyone for spending more time with your parents, children, or spouses.
3. Control over money- Complete control over your earnings is something that an individual working in freelance jobs online from home always enjoys.
- As freelancing is completely online, unlike your contemporary, hence a freelancer is never confined to a definite set of salary every month. In freelance jobs online, one need not have to wait for appraisal cycles and bonuses every year.
- A freelance job online from home only considers your quality of work and performance and gives you leverage to get hired by multiple companies or individuals at any point in time.
- A freelancer who is good at multitasking then can work with multiple clients simultaneously by scheduling different working hours for different projects depending on which can increase your income.
- The most attractive thing about freelance jobs online is that you can decide your own hourly or monthly charges which obviously should be aligned with your own experience, skillset, and location of the client.
- The best part about a freelance job online from home is that there is no limit to the amount of earning one can make out of freelance jobs online. You would be surprised to know that numerous freelancers are earning seven figures of income every month which becomes very difficult to justify with your 9 to 5 traditional job.
4. More opportunities to grow- Unlike those old-fashioned jobs, that drain you with your time and energy, freelance jobs online where most of the work is online, you get to control both the factors i.e. time and energy in the best possible manner.
- Also, the flexibility that the freelance career provides brings in more opportunities to grow in your life and plan the desired career trajectory. A freelance job online from home gives you an ample amount of free time that you can utilize in learning new skills and upskill yourself.
- Freelancers also have the flexibility to focus on their hobbies, and work on their dream projects, for example, they can start a podcast or a YouTube channel, or a side business that they have been passionate about.
- Freelancers get more free time to focus on their physical as well as mental health. They get more time to dedicate to a sport or going for jogs or meditating.
- Working with multiple company heads and businessmen at the same time gives freelancers greater opportunities to learn the intricacies and art of business handling and greater ideologies.
So, with all the advantages and reasons listed above, I am sure you are if not fully but more than a little convinced that freelance jobs online are a reasonable career to choose. It will allow you to enjoy the freedom and earnings that you have always desired from a job. So, what are you waiting for? Give a chance to your second thoughts about freelancing as a career and quickly jump on the bandwagon.